Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chloe- Tribal Princess + African








Jumper- Opening Ceremony brown jumper from Opening Ceremony in NY
T-shirt- Brown t-shirt (no label) from Creature's of Comfort Sample Sale in L.A.
Purse- Chloe purse from Holt Renfrew in Toronto
Necklace- H&M necklace from H&M store in L.A
Ring- Vintage turquoise ring from Brimfield Antique Show in Boston, MA
Earrings- Vintage heart earrings from Hampton Flea Market in Hamptons, NY
Shoes- Tory Burch Eddie Flats gifted from Tory Burch :) Click here to shop!

The Look: Tribal Princess + African

Fun Fact: I LOVE African textiles! And have been obsessed with African jewelry and Art for a while now. I went on an African adventure with my school about 15 years ago, and stayed on Kuki Gallmann's ranch who is the amazing author of the book, I dreamed of Africa which was later made into a movie starring Kim Basinger. It was such an amazing and special trip! My sisters also studied African Art history in school and our whole family loves African Art! I really love the Suno collection and what they are doing with their textiles and how they give back to the Kenyan economy. They employ Kenyan artists and make their fashion forward clothing in Kenya...soo cool! Pin It Now!

22 comments:

CHLOE and JESSICA said...

so summery and cute!! love this tribal print!!! and that top knot perfection!!
xoxo

http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

Vivi N. said...

Cute dress. I love African textiles, too. Being American-Nigerian, I'm always surrounded it. I'm ecstatic that the rest of the world is loving it, too. And also using the textiles in such a contemporary way. We've been doing this for eons. lol. Anywho, it's just fun to see.

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

You are right about the ethnical influences. The pattern does remind you of Africa, oh I love the colored fabrics, there is always so much to look at. But what I love is the fact that the dress is so adorable and modern. It has nothing to do with an African look, so the mixed influences of an African pattern and a modern cut looks so fashionable and lovable. The dress has the perfect length. And how clever to combine it with a simple brown t-shirt and flats. The necklace really turns up the volume. The black and white looks so stylish with the dress, a real eye catcher.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this outfit! The print is fantastic and the dress suits you so well!

Amanda said...

such a lovely dress. love it

mispapelicos said...

I love African print too my dear chloe, but after seeing you...I love it even better.
Love the heat earrings, so cute.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jane said...

Adorable. It's funny how you llok exactly like Scarlett Johansson on some pics. In love with your dress!!

Freya said...

I agree, African Art is lovely!
And so is your dress, please can I have it?!! (only, kidding, but I really want something like it, haha!)

xoxo
Freya

www.wearitwithflair.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love ethnic styles so your outfit is really amazing!

Kim said...

Oh so cute, I love this! :)
brunetteblogging.com

fashion clocked said...

absolutely gorgeous- the pinafore is just amazing and the african/tribal print- wow. Love that you are inspired with african art- so cool. My dad's dad was a pilot and he collected so many amazing pieces from his travels back in the 1940's- many from africa- I have some carved tribal bookends and alligator and snakeskin bags - such treasures!

magdamagda said...

I so much love the jumper! I gotta make a jumper pattern too soon!(or I just feel like it now after seeing this post:D)

Lovely pics as always, wishing you lots of inspiration girls!

Magda
www.magdamagdafashion.com

artdecodiamonds said...

Love your look... the necklace is wonderful!

Katherine said...

Lovely jumper!
La Petite Marmoset

Cieślak Design said...

I love it !

http://cieslakdesign.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Lovely! Such a wonderful look.

Sylvia said...

i am so in love with this look! you look fantastic!

xo
i wander, i wonder

out of order said...

this is so cute, I love the dress!!

Unknown said...

like button

Lisa said...

Very cute outfit! Love the turquoise ring!

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit but I think it would have been better with wedges

Ashley said...

Loving that jumper! Opening Ceremony could easily make me go broke, lol! :)

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com